Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Charlize St. Cloud

Dear Grandpa,


Last night I watched Charlie St. Cloud to go to sleep. I can't believe I have never seen this movie before! It was so sweet and Zac Efron was so yummy :). 


If only everyone had a chance to be with their loved one after they die, even if it was just for a while. If we did, I imagine the first stop would be a bar, to get you a Scotch Whiskey. It was always your favorite. But then we could do fun stuff again, like race in a pool (even though you know I'll beat you), or we could pretent to fist fight, or you could pull out your fake teeth. Maybe you could call me your princess again. I would even let you curse out Grandma, as long as I could hear your voice. 


I never regret anything, Grandpa, but sometimes I wish life was like a video tape, so I can rewind and pause on a certain smell, or touch, or smile and make it last forever. If only it were so simple. If only I was Charlize St. Cloud.


Love always,
Your granddaughter



No comments:

Post a Comment

.