Sunday, March 27, 2011

Puerto Rico

Dear Grandpa,


I'm back! Sorry I wasn't able to talk to you while I was away. As you know, Grandma can't even work a cell phone, so there's no way we're going to get the internet running through her house. 


Other than the lack of internet, my time in Puerto Rico was amazing. We went to Old San Juan and got these really cool nail polishes that change color in the sunlight, fed pidgeons in the square, and we obviously got ice cream at Ben and Jerry's.


Crash Boat was our home for most of the vacation. I don't think I've ever spent more time in the ocean, chasing fish and riding waves. The sun was brutal though. Even Mom got burnt! We got Grandma to come into the water up to her chest and, knowing her, that is a success.


While Mom, Matan, and Ms. McCann were back at home, Grandma thought it would be fun to go to this abandoned waterfall with her cousin because she had never been there herself. So, we wasted the beautiful beach day to hike through the forest (in flip flops and nice clothes mind you) and get lost trying to find this it. Finally, we found the gorgeous sight and watched a bunch of boys dive off of the waterfall into the botomless lake. It was really cool and I wish I could have gone swimming in it, but I had no bathing suit on and it was so cold! Maybe next trip I could drag some unfortunate soul back into the jungle to go take a swim. 


I thought you would be impressed to know that I successfully picked up all of the chickens, even Matan's sworn enemy. The babies were so adorable, but damn they were fast and most tried to commit suicide off of the balcony. That was when you knew to take them back to their mom. Lasaro eventually warmed up to the company too, but he was looking pretty gross so I never really pet him. 


I think that Grandma was so happy to have us there. Usually when she's alone in the house, she doesn't go out a lot... well, except for bingo. Now she says that she misses us and everything is so quiet now, which I know means that she's feeling lonely. I wish I could go back there and stay a little longer, but school is keeping me back. Luckily, she only has about a month until she comes here and maybe with Delia! That will be fun.


Love always,
Your granddaughter


P.S. I would upload pictures on here, but Leah and Matan took them all and I can't go on facebook to get them :( If only I had an excuse... jokes... kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.