Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Matan

Dear Grandpa,

Tomorrow Matan leaves for Israel for his birthright trip. Although it has nothing to do with you, it has a lot to do with me and it's pretty much all I can think about. The thing about it is that I can't text him, call him, or email him because he won't have his computer there and the phone charges are incredible. I just have to wait for his call (did I mention that he only has 25 minutes a day). 

We get into fights and argue sometimes, but he is honestly the only person I want to go to when I'm upset, even if it's at him. Grandma says that he reminds her a lot of you: his crooked teeth, his eyes, his sweet nature. She also is convinced that I have to stay with him, NO MATTER WHAT, because you guys used to fight all the time, but she never regretted it. I guess she's right because I can't stay mad at him for long. I love him too much.

It's a joy and a curse to be in love, Grandpa, but I can't live without it. I know I'm just a silly little girl (not a teenager anymore), but he's a really great guy and I want to be happy with him for a long time. 

I hope I can make it through these 10 days without being depressed. I'm just going to have to fill myself up with work, friends, and family. Good thing I'm surrounded by people who love me. I am truly blessed.

Love always,
Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

.