Thursday, May 26, 2011

Piano

Dear Grandpa,

I'm back into playing piano again and you know what that means; I'm bummed out. There is something about the piano that relaxes me, puts me into a mellow mood, and opens my mind to endless thought. I love it, I miss it, but I only practice if I'm not feeling myself. Is it weird to say that the piano music grounds me in a way? It reminds me of my younger years, when worries were on a tiny little scale and I got such simple pleasures in things like... well, playing the piano. The thing that I love the most is that the work that you put into practicing always pays off. The end result gives you a certain satisfaction that you can't find anywhere else.

I'm hoping that you'll help me resolve my problems and push me to finish this song that I'm working on now. I know that once I conquer it, I will feel much better. 

Love always,
Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

.