Friday, June 17, 2011

Beautiful, beautiful rainbow.

Dear Grandpa,


Don't act like I didn't see you! Today, while I was not thinking bad thoughts, after my father successfully had his surgery, on the way out of the hospital to pick up Grandma who is healthy, I saw you. You were beautiful and so bright that I knew immediately it was my grandpa. You hugged the sky with bands of colors and, though it was raining, you shined right through. 


It was a relief to see you in that way; it wasn't like an apparition that might scare me in my sleep, or a breath in the wind, whispering in my ear, but you were a gorgeous rainbow. You met me right outside the same hospital that you died in on the day of your anniversary, on the day of my daddy's surgery and Grandma's hospital check up, to tell me that everything will be okay. I couldn't think of a better way to end the day.


I have the best grandpa in the world!


Love always,
Your granddaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment

.